11/1/08

The Kommissar's in Town

Happy Halloween JewPunk People,

I was googling myself this morning (what better way to procrastinate) and came across this review of "Heebie-Jeebies." I have no idea when it was originally posted and I haven't seen it before because it spells my name incorrectly, but it's nice and I'm in need of praise today, so what the hell, I thought I'd share it with you.

http://410media.com/_/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=189&Itemid=63

Why am I in need of praise? A couple of reasons. First, I just learned that the cold I've been fighting for nearly a month is not a cold at all, but pneumonia. Seeing as I'm up and around (if still basically sub-par), I guess you could say I've got the walking pneumonia (and the boogie woogie flu). Funny, I don't look fluish.

In any case, the sickness creates a bit of a malaise as the day goes on and my body wears out. I can see how an ongoing illness could really sap the spirit. I've only had this a month and I'm ready to whine for my bottle.

Aside from that, I'm overworked. Actually, let me rephrase that. In part because of that I'm overworked. It's hard to keep up with papers from five classes when you feel as if all you want to do is lie down under an IV drip and watch The Exorcist, but time (and grades) wait for no one, so I trudge on, hacking all the way.

The third, and perhaps most powerful problem, is that I cannot drink coffee. Fluids yes, diuretics no. So I'm running on autopilot so to speak, functioning on manual, free of all drug-induced pleasantries. How the rest of you do it, I'll never know.

But ok, enough, this isn't why you tune into Blogga Blogga Hey, now is it? Or is it? I realize that much of this blog is taken up with news of the most limited sort -- that is, news about the book and all that relates to it. As the resident JewPunk, I guess I could expand that definition a bit to include news about me, THE Jewish Punk.

So unless I hear otherwise, I just may do this in the future. You will be treated to epistles about my latest adventures in penicillin-land as well as my uphill battle against an onslaught of essays about T.S. Eliot. At the same time, I promise to include a bit about the book and its ongoing life outside myself. Among the latest is the pleasant surprise that it seems to be doing quite well in Germany. It's been Number 3 in books about Punk the past week or so, and within the Top Ten of books about Music History.

So there's something to take to my sick bed with me. I'll warm it up and put it under my head as a salve to my aching neck. Then I'll hack up some bitter bile over the state of "terrorist" shouting Americans and the election they threaten to fuck up.

See, now they've got me cursing!

On that note, I bid you a fond farewell.

till next time,

JP

4 Comments:

Blogger David Baker said...

Hey Steven-

David Baker here from 410Media.com. I actually googled 410Media today and came across this. Weird!

Your name is now spelled correctly. Sorry about the pneumonia.

November 3, 2008 at 12:30 PM  
Blogger G-D said...

Hey David,

Thanks!

I'll be googling you more in the future. Looks like a good site.

Gabba gabba etc,

s

November 3, 2008 at 2:41 PM  
Blogger mzamar said...

Sorry to hear you are so sickly Mr. B. You looked so sprightly at Target. Oh wait, we said we'd never speak of this....

November 5, 2008 at 4:24 PM  
Blogger G-D said...

Yes, we said we would never speak of this. Now I will have to make you disappear ... after the Veteran's Day sale at Target, of course.

November 6, 2008 at 7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home