3/31/09

"Name that Beatle" contest!

As usual, I've been a bad blogger. Very bad!! Not only don't I post as often as I should, when I do, I post very little. Well, today's belated and overly short post is in keeping with this pattern, except for one thing -- it gives some indication as to why this is so.

And why is it? Well, basically, the halls of academe call to me with their siren song of youth productively instructed and hopefully not misspent. In other words, I am busy with my teaching duties.

But rather than tell you this, why don't I show it to you via an article that was just posted about one of my classes. The class, as you'll see, relates to my book on the Jewish Origins of Punk and it is quite nicely written and laid out. In fact, it features both a pic of the Ramones and a video of them in performance. Perhaps best of all, though, it presents me in classic Teen Beat magazine fashion. I just wish they'd asked me about my favorite color -- and fave Beatle.

Speaking of Beatles, the first person to name my favorite Fab will receive an inscribed copy of "The Heebie-Jeebies at CBGB's" -- gratis! After all, the anagram of my name isn't Ever Been Beatles* for nothing!

* Okay, okay, so it isn't spelled exactly correctly, but come on, who said Fate was a good speller.

2 Comments:

Blogger Samantha said...

Damn. Why can't I remember your favorite Beatle?!? The article is awesome, and once again I'm noticing a parallel in the class I teach on Jewish humor, based on my dissertation. :) 'Course, no one interviewed me about my dissertation, so you are way cooler, and I say that without any ironic retro detachment.

April 1, 2009 at 12:20 PM  
Blogger G-D said...

What's the class? Can I take it? I'll send you online papers filled with punchlines and Yiddishisms! And I might even drop the name of my favorite fab...

April 9, 2009 at 8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home